Thursday, 14 May 2015

Eylure Brow Crayon in Mid Brown | Review and Swatches

Hello

In the eyebrow arena I am pretty much a creature of habit and religiously use my Sleek palette on a daily basis. However, I am always open to a bit of suggestion and for a more natural look I thought I would try the Eylure brow crayon in Mid Brown.

Eylure Brow Crayon in Mid Brown
Eylure Brow Crayon in Mid Brown
Eylure Brow Crayon in Mid Brown
Eylure Brow Crayon in Mid BrownEylure Brow Crayon in Mid Brown

Eylure are a brand that I hadn't tried previously and as far as I was aware they only made eyelashes. The brow crayon is a standard twist up pencil which closes securely. It is the perfect size for throwing in my travel makeup bag.

Eylure Brow Crayon in Mid Brown Swatch

The formula leans towards the waxy side which can make it difficult as it can feel like the tip is dragging rather than gliding. A bit of practice and you soon get the hang of it though. I don't feel like the Eylure brow crayon is a bad product but I'm just not wowed. I think it is because it's just not what I'm looking for in a brow product these days, it's too natural looking for me, which sounds weird I know.  If brow crayons and pencils are your jam you may love this. I of course will use it up (waste not want not and all that) and it is going down at a considerable rate and I've only used it a few times (about 10). A bonus of the crayon is that it does stay put all day, is there anything worse than your eyebrow disappearing on you? I think not.

Eylure Brow Crayon in Mid Brown On

Ha that posey face. I think one of the main issues that I'm having is that my eyebrows are pretty shocking to start with, if you have a lovely full set of brows (that sounded so creepy, sorry!) then this may be just what you need to fill in the odd sparse area, my problem is that most of my brow is sparse.

So, my main piece of advice from this is don't overpluck your eyebrows, you will come to regret it 15 years later when they still haven't grown back.

The Eylure brow crayon is available from Marks and Spencer, costs £6.45 for 0.23g and is available in 3 shades - Brown, Dark Brown and Blonde.