Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blusher in Blissful | Review and Swatches

Hello

I know that QVC have started selling Tarte products but they are notoriously hard to get hold of in the UK. Luckily for me I have a friend that visits America rather frequently so I often send her armed with a Sephora list. It would be rude not to right?


Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blusher in Blissful
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blusher in Blissful

I thought a good foray into Tarte would be their blusher range, there are loads of them and they are renowned for being long wearing and pigmented. Sold. The packaging of each blusher corresponds to the shade inside which is handy if you have a lot of them in your collection. Blissful is in a round plastic compact which contains a large circular mirror in the lid.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blusher in Blissful

From what I can gather all of the Tarte pressed powder products are all embossed with the same design which is a nice touch.

Blissful is a "shimmering warm peach", which it totally isn't, it isn't shimmery for one thing. It is quite warm and it is a peachy pink so 2 outa 3 ain't bad! I find the powder almost feels waxy to the touch, I thought it might just be the top layer of the embossing but it still feels like that now, it doesn't affect the application or the longevity but I thought it rather strange.

Anyway, Blissful is a doddle to apply as you can apply it very softly for a more natural look or build it up as much as you like. I tend to go for the natural look and I have never once gone OTT with this blusher. Result. The longevity is great too, it lasts a full working day on me which is all I ever ask for. It probably lasts longer but as soon as I get home I take my makeup off!

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blusher in Blissful Swatch
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blusher in Blissful On

I know I look exhausted there, what else is new?! Since purchasing Blissful I do reach for it most days as it is super subtle and pretty for work. I definitely want some more shades so fingers crossed they have them in Sephora! They are $28 each which is £17.88 as of 18.05.2015 - which is about the same as a Clinique Cheek Pop for reference.

What Tarte products could you recommend?